Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Submitting a Plant Photo

Welcome to my plant I.D. blog! The central idea of this site is to focus on plants. With a question and answer type format I aim to keep it simple by insisting that all posts are dedicated to 1) identifying mystery plants and 2)answering specific questions pertaining to plant information and care. You are invited to join in with your plant photos and questions, but please read all the following information before sending me your photos, and stay tuned for tomorrow's post detailing how to submit a question.

Please remember that the more detail you provide to me, the more likely I am to provide an I.D. Try to keep your emails concise and to the point, providing any info that may be pertinent. Multiple photos are welcome if they show various plant details; i.e. fruit, flowers, growth habit, foliage, etc.

Info that is MANDATORY:

  1. Photo(s): entire plant, details of foliage, flowers, fruit, bark, etc
  2. Date or month that photo was taken
  3. Location: City and State

Additional info that is welcome and could help me I.D. it faster

  1. Plant type: tree, woody shrub, non-woody shrub, ground cover, climbing vine, weed, etc.
  2. Environment: Home garden, commercial landscape, roadside, meadow, forest, near water, etc
  3. Exposure: full sun, deep shade, partial sun/shade
  4. Scent: unique flower or foliage smells
  5. Other: Any other unique details you may notice...flaky bark, fuzzy or serrated leaves, brightly colored stems or trunk, fast or slow growth rate, spiny or soft, thorns,fruit, nuts, flowers, etc

Send me as much of the above information as possible, along with your photos to: namethatplant@gmail.com Please send me only 1 plant per email to avoid confusion. No guarantees will be made that your submission(s) will be published or when it will occur.

0 comments: